The sore throat does not stop in the summer like in the winter! In the summer, the body weakens and the viral sore throats begin to show up, because of standing with wet hair, cross from places that are warm weather to air-conditioned cold environments. In recent days, especially sore throats let down many people. In addition to sore throat, it can cause cough, sneezing and high fever.
What can you do at home for sore throat? In addition to the medicines recommended by your doctor, we have a few suggestions to soften your throat at home, provide relief and reduce your pain.
• Drink plenty of water. At home, you can drink herbal teas to relieve your throat. Black tea can cause irritation in the throat due to "tannic acid". You do not want to irritate your throat, which is sensitive during infection. For this reason, you should prefer herbal teas instead of black tea.
• Gargle with salt water. Prepare salt water and gargle with a glass of water by adding a teaspoon of salt in it. This will help relieve your throat.
• Take care to consume soft foods that will not irritate your sensitive throat when you choice your meal. Choose foods that are easy to eat.
• Vitamin C is effective to prevent viruses. Choose foods that are vitamin C-rich . In particular, consume plenty of lemon.
• Saffron is a powerful antioxidant. For throat pain, add half teaspoon of saffron and half teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and gargle your mouth and throat with this mixture.
• Stay away from dirty air. Humidify the air in your home. You can soften your pain by breathing the boiled water that you boil in cooking pot.